23 weeks and counting!
Here’s a little update to my pregnancy.
- Baby Boy is growing and getting stronger every day. I can really start to feel his kicks and punches now…is he doing Turbo Kick in there or what? A little TMI…the placenta is right up against my tummy so its acting as a blocker to a lot of his movements. Apparently that’s totally normal, so if that’s your case, welcome to the club!
- I am feeling fantastic. I’ve got the middle of the second trimester energy and don’t always need a nap at the most inconvenient times (ie. when my son gets home from preschool and wants to play and all Mommy wants to do is nap.)
- My lower back hurts a lot of the time…probably from picking up Little Man, who, incidentally, is not so little anymore.
- I try to get to the gym at least three times a week. I love going, and I love the stares I get from the macho men who can’t believe a pregnant lady is still in the free weight room. That’s right fellas! I’m carrying a human and lifting weights….what did you do today? The head (woman) trainer told me that its cute to watch me work out…I’ve decided that I’m going to take that as a compliment.
- Speaking of the gym, I’m trying out a new class they are starting tomorrow called Body Combat. Its like cardio martial arts from what I gather, and I’m super excited about it. I’ll let you know if I die or not.
- Eating is interesting. I’m not starving all the time anymore, although I do feel like I’m constantly grazing. That’s why I try to only keep healthy snacks in the house. Chocolate milk is one of the indulgences, though. I can’t eat a whole lot at a time b/c Baby Boy has set up a pretty tight camp in there. If I eat too much (a normal person’s meal) I’m miserable for about an hour.
- Water seems to be the thing that I have the most trouble with. I’ll drink enough one day and then only drink one bottle the next. Preggos…DRINK WATER! And now I’m going to take my own advice.
There’s a little bit of what’s going on in my world right now. How are y’all doing?
Stay sweaty, my friends!