It was tough, but I got through it. I did have to take a 20 second break before the 4th set. My lungs felt like they were on fire, but I just told myself its only a minute. Longest minutes ever, but still, totally worth it to have conquered that workout. I am definitely adding it to my weekly routine. Here’s what I did afterward:
- Iso-high lateral high row machine, 70 lbs, 15 reps, 2 sets
- Chest press, 15 lb dumbbells, 15 reps, 2 sets
- Sitting shoulder press, 15 lb dumbbells, 15 reps, 2 sets
- Reverse flies, 12 lb dumbbells, 12 reps, 2 sets
- Lateral dumbbell raise, 10 lb dumbbells, 12 reps, 2 sets
- Bicep curls, 15 lb dumbbells, 15 reps, 2 sets
- Skull crushers, 20 lb bar, 15 reps, 2 sets (this works your triceps, lay down on a bench, arms straight holding the bar over your chest, bring your hands down to your forehead to where your elbows end in a 90 degree angle, press back up)
- Knee to chest plank, alternating knees, 20 (this looks like a slow mountain climber…really squeeze those lower abs when that knee comes up)
- Knee to chest plank w/ feet on stability ball, 10, 2 sets (w/ feet on a stability ball, bring your knees toward your chest…very hard move, it has taken forever for me to be able to do it without falling)
- 20 crunches on stability ball
- Russian twists, 14 lb med ball, 20, 2 sets
- side bends, 14 lb med ball, 15/side
I loved my workout today! As always, modify to your abilities. If you can only do the burpees at the beginning, that’s ok. Its a killer workout and it only takes 10 minutes!!
Stay sweaty, my friends!