6/29/2012 Workout…oh my God, what did I do to my legs?
Today marks the third day of the three day workouts for our legs. The workout looks a lot like Monday’s although it has lower reps so you have to increase your weight. It also has jump rope sessions. Seriously, our legs were on fire the whole time. I left the gym sore and that never happens. So what I suggest to you, if you’re not used to this type of workout, is start slow. Maybe just one or two sets instead of the full four. Then, as you get more comfortable with it, increase your sets, then increase your weight. I can’t lie to you…we couldn’t finish the workout today. Our legs were just done-zo. If you go all out the whole time, and can’t finish, don’t consider that a failure. This is a HARD workout. Be proud you are even attempting it.
Remember, lower reps mean higher weight.
- 4 x 8 Smith Machine Squats
- 4 x 8 Barbell Deadlift (please make sure you are using proper form for this exercise!)
- 3 x 20 Long Jumps
- 4 x 12 Bulgarian Squat/1 minute jump rope/45 seconds rest
- 4 x 20 Four Point Hops
- 3 x 20 Reverse Dumbbell Lunges/20 forward lunges/rest 30 seconds (alternate legs)
- 3 x 2 minutes Plated Speed Skaters/1 minute jump rope/45 seconds rest
- 4 x 1 minute Line Jumps
- 4 x 100 Speed Squats/10 X Jumps/45 seconds rest
- 5 minutes jump roping (use as few rest breaks as possible)
Make sure to do a cool down with lots of stretching!
Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go ice my booty. Its not very happy with me right now. 🙂
Stay sweaty, my friends!!