4/26/12 Workout…my legs want to kill me.
The coolest thing about today’s workout was the amount of women in the weight room. Not where the machines are, the free weight room. We outnumbered the men probably 3:1. Its so awesome to see more and more women building their strength! Even a guy commented on the amount of women, and it wasn’t even a negative comment. Way to go ladies!
Today was all about legs! First exercise we did 12-10-8-6 reps and second exercise, we did 12 reps, and the weight was on our shoulders.
- Warm-up: 10 minute walk on treadmill @ 3.5
- first exercise: step-ups onto a bench w/ a knee up, 40 lb bar
- second exercise: dead lifts, 40 lb bar
- first exercise: Narrow squats, 50 lb bar (remember, your body weight counts for the weight you’re lifting here, too)
- second exercise: leg extension machine, 90 lbs (if your knees aren’t what they used to be, you might want to avoid this machine)
More hamstrings and quads and butt!
- first exercise: One legged lunge (elevate your back leg onto a bench, lunge), 40 lb bar
- second exercise: side lunge (also works inner thighs), 40 lb bar
- Calf raise machine, 120 lbs (the great thing about calves is they can do a lot of work, so you feel like a major badass when you can life 120 lbs!) Only did the one exercise for calves
Major stretching!!! Make sure you’re not forgetting to stretch. Stretching helps with soreness and it helps you with your flexibility. Being more flexible will help you with your range of motion on all your lifting, running, pretty much anything in life. So, STRETCH!
Stay sweaty, my friends!