3/19/12 workout: Kettlebells!!!
I’ve been slacking a little on posting workouts, but I blame it on last week being Spring Break. Little Man goes to a Mother’s Day Out program and they follow the school district’s schedule, so we had a lot of time to kill last week. It was super fun, but I’m ready to get back to our routine. So Tracy and I dropped off the kiddos and headed to the gym. I’ve enjoyed the kettle bell swings so much that I wanted to make a whole routine with them. It was good stuff and my back is already sore. Like always, we did 1 minute work and 1 minute rest. I thought we’d get through more than one set, but time was not on our side since I had to meet a client at my house.
- warm-up: 6 minutes on treadmill @4.0
- Kettlebell swing, 15 lb kettlebell
- alternating arm swing, 15 lb (same movement as the original swing, but use one arm and switch at the top of your swing)
- Around the body pass, 15 lbs, 30 sec one way, switch directions (move the kettlebell around your body at your waist)
- Dead lift, 15 lbs (a little different from a normal dead lift…keep the bell on the floor, squat down to it, pick it up, as you stand add an upright row, squat to put it down on ground, repeat)
- Bent over row, 15 lbs, 30 sec/arm (bend at your hips, knees slightly bent, weight out in front of you. Pull your elbow straight back, keeping your elbow close to your body)
- Figure 8’s, 15 lbs, 30 sec/direction (in a wide squat, move the kettlebell in a figure 8 around your legs)
- Turkish get-ups, 15 lb (Here is a video to help explain the TGU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vhJza-2xiI )
- Windmill, 15 lbs (holding the kettlebell with your right hand, arm straight up, twist your body so your left arm reaches down to touch your left foot, do not move your right arm or your shoulder can get injured)
- 15 v-sit crunches, 12 lbs, 2 sets
- In plank position, feet on a stability ball, bring your knees toward your chest, do 10
- Same as above, but twist your hips so your knees are going to each side (obliques) do 10
Man this workout felt so good!! I hope you can understand my explanations. If not, look up videos to help you out. That’s what I do when I don’t understand an exercise. It will help you see the right form…form is everything! Hope you guys have a fantastic day!