Wow, I can’t believe its already the first of March. Swimsuit season is just around the corner. Or if you live in Texas, its tomorrow. The weather we are having is fantastic right now. It just makes me afraid of summer though. Last year we had three months of 100+ degree weather, and if our weather is any indication of how its going to be this summer, WATCH OUT! Whoa, wait, am I really talking about the weather? Back to the work out.
Tracy got to come back today from her trip down Stomach Flu Hell. So naturally, I wanted to make her sweat all those toxins out and be incredibly sore tomorrow. (Insert evil laugh here). We did our arms/plyo/abs workout, but I changed it up just a little bit.
Upper body, 1 minute work, 1 minute rest, 2x through
- pull-ups (these are starting to get easier, but they still suck)
- tricep dips (we started doing these on the pull-up/dip machine and they are SO MUCH HARDER than just on a ledge. I suggest you switch it up a little, too)
- push-ups (its ok if you are on your knees, you have to do these for a minute!!!)
- Shoulder press w/ a bar, 30 lbs
- Squat jumps, 12 touches
- drop downs, 10 touches
- one legged burpee, 10 touches (I took out the push-up since we had done two minutes of push-ups before hand)
- medicine ball drop, 10 touches, 8 lbs
- tuck jumps, 15 touches
Abs, 1 minute work, 1 minute rest, 1x through
- bicycle (me and the bicycle are not friends, but it is the best ab workout there is besides the plank)
- weighted sit-up, 10 lbs (this is an actual sit-up, not a crunch, go all the way up)
- Russian twists, 10 lbs
Remember Einstein’s quote, “Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute and it seems like an hour; sit with a pretty girl for an hour and it seems like a minute?” Well that seems to be the same with working out. One little minute seems like an hour when you are doing push-ups, but if you push yourself through the pain, you will love your body. The pain is telling you something is changing, and its a good change. That’s kind of how life is too. If you are going through something painful, just push through it and you will eventually end up stronger on the other side.