First workout back from Costa Rica…and I’m feeling a little unmotivated. Tracy, my wonderful workout buddy, reminded me that once I got back into the gym, I’d feel much better, and she was right. This is why you have a workout buddy, people. To remind you that your ass didn’t get that fabulous sitting on the couch. (Quick note about Tracy. I feel the need to address this since I’ve been calling her Preggo and it would be confusing if you didn’t know this. Unfortunately, she is no longer pregnant. It wasn’t something she did or didn’t do, it just wasn’t the right timing for her body. She is a very strong woman and is determined to bounce back from this even stronger, and I can’t tell you how much I admire her.)
So our workout today was a bit light, but still ended with us sweaty and breathing hard.
- 10 minute warm-up on the treadmill, 3.5 speed
- On a bench, quick step-ups, 30 seconds
- Elevated front leg-lunge, 15 seconds each side
- Elevated back leg-lunge, 15 seconds each side
- Alternating side step-ups, 30 seconds
- Screamers, 30 second/leg
- push-ups on a bench, 30 seconds
- 10 minutes on the treadmill, alternating between 6.0, 4.0, 6.5, 7, and 4.0
- abs: Get a partner and a medicine ball, one standing partner tosses the ball to the partner on the floor, as the floor partner catches, she brings the ball back over her head and as she sits up, throws it back to the standing partner. 10 reps, 2 sets
- abs: russian twists w/ 8 lb medicine ball, 40 reps
- abs: leg lifts, 12 reps, 2 sets
I will be honest and say that we talked a lot between each set. We hadn’t seen each other for a week and needed to catch up. When we worked though, we worked hard. We won’t be the chatty Cathys in the gym again, I can promise you that.
Now let’s get sweaty!