This is a good workout to do whenever you don’t have access to a gym or you don’t feel like going to the gym. You don’t need any equipment; just you and your bad ass attitude. If you’re a beginner, once through might be enough. I did it three times through and you really advanced people out there might do it six times through. This a speed workout, go through it as fast as you can.
The Dirty Dozen
- 12 squat jumps
- 12 air jacks (jumping jacks, but get your feet up in the air when you jump)
- 12 pushups (since we are going for speed, on your knees is perfectly fine)
- 12 lie-down, stand ups (with your hands in the air and from a standing position, lie down. Now stand up with no help from your hands)
- 12 plank jacks (in push-up position, jump your legs apart and back together, like you would a jumping jack)
- 12 lunges (static, alternating legs)
- 12 reverse lunges (step backward to lunge instead of forward)
- 12 cobra to plank (on your stomach with your hands by your chest, push your upper body up then bring up the rest of your body into push up position. Drop your body slowly back to the ground. If you can, drop it level, but if you’re still building strength, drop knees first then chest)
- 12 in and out v-sit crunches (sit in a v shape with your feet off the ground and your back off the ground. Bring your legs and upper body toward each other and then straighten them out away from each other, repeat)
- 12 split squat jumps (start in squat position, now take one leg back and at an angle. Make sure your knee still does not go past your toe when you squat. Jump and in the air, switch legs. repeat)
- 12 squat kicks (squat down and when you come up, kick one of your legs out in front of you. It doesn’t have to be high, but make sure to bring your knee up first so you don’t injure it)
- 12 tricep dips
Good luck!! Don’t forget to keep yourself hydrated!
Now let’s get sweaty!