My arms are so tired, I can barely type this. I did this alone today since we had to lighten up Preggo’s workout. She’s not feeling too hot in her first trimester, so lightening the load is the best idea. I will have a working out while pregnant entry soon, so those of you who are expecting or expecting to expect at sometime in your life will know how to keep your fabulousness during those 9-10 months.
Anyway, back to the workout. I did the same treadmill workout as last Friday, so if you need to check that out: https://allthingssweaty.wordpress.com/2012/01/20/fridays-workout/. That is a challenge for me, so if you’re just starting out, you need to bring it down a notch. If you do exactly what it says, its almost 2 miles in 20 minutes. I focused on upper body today during strength training.
- Biceps: Bicep curl w/ 20 lb bar (the 30 lb bar was being hogged by those guys (you know who I’m talking about, the ones who talk really loudly about what they’re doing and make a big fuss…), 12-10-8-6-12 reps
- Biceps:prone position pull-ups for 20 sec between reps of biceps curls (I explained those in the post called Today’s workout, I think I called them bicep pull-ups)
- Triceps: Dips with a 10 lb weight in my lap, 12-10-8-6-12 reps
- Triceps: overhead triceps extensions, 10 lb weight, 30 sec btwn reps of dips
- Chest: chest press, 15 lb dumbbells, 12-10-8-6-12
- Chest: push-ups, 10 between each rep of chest presses
- Back: Seated row, 50 lbs, 12-10-8-6-12
- Back: Assisted chin-ups, 10 between each rep of rows
- Shoulders: Upright rows, 12 lb dumbbells, 12-10-8-6-12
- Shoulders: Side raises, 8 lbs, 10 between each rep of upright rows
- Abs: The Hundred (explanation below)
- Abs: Elevated plank, 30 sec, 2 sets
The Hundred: Sit in a v-shape (legs and upper body off the floor, abs engaged), arms to the side of your legs. Pump your arms 100 times, remembered to breathe in and out, don’t hold your breath!
Now let’s get sweaty!