I read a fitness blog the other day and all the writers had their fitness truths written down. I think that’s a great idea to give you guys a little look into my fitness brain. Here goes:
1. I sweat during my workout. I sweat a lot. Hence the name of the blog. I see girls who aren’t sweating during their workout and I think they aren’t working hard enough. Save the pretty for after the gym.
2. Speaking of saving the pretty, I am not at the gym to pick up guys. Even if I wasn’t married, I wouldn’t be at the gym to pick up guys. There’s a time and a place for that and its called happy hour. If you are here to get a date, please go stand near the water fountain and quit taking up that treadmill/elliptical/mat/whatever. And guys, stop staring at my ass.
3. Don’t judge me for the ice cream you see me about to devour. I work my butt off to be able to enjoy this ice cream.
4. Workouts don’t have to take hours to be effective. I can get in and out in 30 minutes and do more work than you did in an hour. I choose to stay at the gym for an hour b/c its a nice break from chasing my son around. 🙂
5. Eating healthy is all about balance. If you deny yourself something for too long, you’re going to binge. That’s just human nature. I know its my nature…brownies don’t last very long in my house.
6. Strength/resistance training needs to be in a work out routine. It helps blast fat and who doesn’t want to rock a sundress with toned, beautiful arms?
7. Find a workout buddy. If you can’t afford a personal trainer, recruit a friend. Hold each other accountable and don’t go to socialize. My buddy hates me after every workout, but the next day, her arms/legs/abs/whatever love me.
8. GET OFF YOUR DANG CELLPHONE.
9. Learn to love who you are. I have hips after having my son, and after a long time, I finally accept them and love them. I will never be skinny enough to fit into a size 2, but my legs are rockin’ and my arms are amazing. Confidence is the most beautiful thing a woman can wear.
10. Besides in number 9, I will never use the word “skinny.” Skinny suggests skin and bone and that’s not really healthy either. I prefer strong, fit, muscular, healthy, trim, fabulous, confident, satisfied, etc….
Now lets get sweaty!